On Nov 7, 2006, at 6:05 PM, Jacky wrote:

Dear Scott,

Is there anyway that the "client-weight" can be used with Apache?
I'm using 3.0.29 professional.

No.  It's both a multithreaded issue and a testing one.  Since Java is a fully-multithreaded language, and Apache/C isn't really, it's much harder to share the information across the different processes/connections in Apache than it is in Java.

In addition, since it's much easier to automatically test Java, we need to keep the Apache functionality simpler than the corresponding Java functionality.  Another example is failover.  If the Java load-balancer tries a backend server which fails, it can retry on the next backend server.  That capability is more complicated than we would want to put into Apache.

In other words, the Java load-balancer will always be more capable than the Apache/mod_caucho one.

-- Scott

I checked the caucho site and i the only thing i can find that is most relevant to my needs is this:
http://www.caucho.com/resin-3.0/install/cse-apache.xtp#balance

but it does not allow me to configure the weight.

please advice.