> > Long story short.... I'm trying to run Jasper report server on Resin
> > instead of Tomcat.  It seems to work OK except for when it comes to
> > large objects at which point the PostgreSQL driver throws an exception
> > that all LO operations must be performed inside a transaction...
> >
> > Tomcat has an option to turn off auto-commits at the resource
> > definition.  Does Resin have anything along these lines?
>
> Added a bug report:
> http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=2001

The transaction filter can be used to solve this problem:

 <filter filter-name='transaction-filter'
         filter-class='com.caucho.filters.TransactionFilter'/>

  <filter-mapping url-pattern='/*'
                  filter-name='transaction-filter'/>

The example above causes all requests to be done within a transaction.  The
url-pattern could be made more specific so that only those requests that use
jasper reports are captured by the filter.

-- Sam