> Date: Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 04:19:23PM -0500
> Subject: [Resin-interest] 3.0.18->3.0.23 = Increased Network Traffic
>
> When we upgraded Resin from 3.0.18 to 3.0.23 last month I see about
> 3 times as many files being requested in the IIS logs.
> Specifically
>    600% more CSS files are being requested
>    300% more GIF files are being requested
>    4% fewer struts actions were executed.
>
> It appears that files are not being cached by the browser.
>
> Other than run setup to update the ISAPI DLL no changes were made to the
> IIS environment.
>
> Does anyone have a clue as to what might be happening ?

You can look at the headers of the response to see if the cache headers
are different.

I prefer using curl for that:

$ curl -i http://.... | less

A alternative is the Firebug plugin for Firefox, it has a "Net" tab
that can be used to look at the headers.

You can also enable fine logging on the backend Resin server(s), and you
will see the headers that are set on each response, which will allow to
determine if the headers are different coming from Resin, or are getting
changed when the request passes through IIS.

-- Sam