Hi there,

I'm trying to configure an application, JIRA, to send notification
through a mail server, gmail, and for that I have to define a JNDI
resource with all the data to be able to connect to the SMTP server.
However, the problem is that the gmail SMTP server requires TLS and
I've been unable to find out how to configure the resource so it
connects appropriately.

After a bit of searching, I came up with this configuration as a starter:
---
<mail uri="properties:mail.smtp.starttls.enable=true">
        <jndi-name>mail/SecureSMTP</jndi-name>
        <smtp-host>smtp.gmail.com</smtp-host>
        <smtp-port>587</smtp-port>
        <smtp-ssl>true</smtp-ssl>
        <smtp-user>username</smtp-user>
        <transport-protocol>smtps</transport-protocol>
</mail>
---

However, all I get is:
---
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a
STARTTLS command first.
---

Which I believe is caused by the uri:properties being ignored or
something similar. I also tried with:
--
<mail uri="properties:mail.smtp.starttls.enable=true;mail.smtp.auth=true">
--

I could not find any example of using a mail JNDI resource in resin to
connect to a TLS smtp server. I found some examples using Tomcat, but

Is it possible at all?
Cheers!
D.