On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Scott Ferguson <f...@caucho.com> wrote:

> Hmm.  It might be possible to use the new Servlet 3.0 annotations for
> that purpose (we haven't implemented it yet.)
>
> The original idea was that exposed URLs shouldn't generally be
> automatic.  In other words, having a class in a jar automatically
> listen to a URL as a servlet or a remote bean might be a security
> risk.  Basically, the same reason why /servlets/* is discouraged.

Right... I just want to be able to define those URLs without resorting
to XML.  The @ServletMapping annotation seems useful but you would
still need something to define the protocol.

As long as we're discussing wishes, I'd also like to be able to put
the RMI-type protocols on a different port so that there is no chance
of accidentally exposing anything :-)

For now we will use the XML.

>> Are there any future plans to make J2EE-style InitialContext remote
>> JNDI lookups work?
>
> That should already exist with the <remote-client> tag.  You do need
> to declare the remote services that you're using.

But this is still within a running Resin container, right?  Is there a
way to make this work with a standalone client?

Thanks,
Jeff