Well this still isn't working for me.  I have tried:

".[domain].com" (with a preceding dot)

and

"[domain].com" (without a preceding dot)

and no matter what it is still creating the cookie named:

"[host].[domain].com" (where [host] is the virtual host I am running the
app under).

I can't get it to be a domain-wide cookie using the <cookie-domain>
option under JdbcAuthenticator's <init> params.

Anybody else doing this successfully?

Aaron