The behaviour has changed, but the problem still exists. It now just
says that it can't find a registered bean. However, in walking through
the code (at runtime), I can see there are valid beans in the (parent)
manager.

I'm guessing there is a classloader issue, and that the classes are
not equal (even thought they are the same  textual name).

The bindings on my field (java.util.concurrent.BlockingQueue
org.subethamail.core.queue.InjectListener.outboundQueue) are:
[...@org.subethamail.core.queue.deliveryqueue()]

And there are two Queue(s) in the (parent) manager that look like this:
SimpleBean[MemoryQueue, {...@org.subethamail.core.queue.deliveryqueue()},
@Production, name=delivery, @ApplicationScope]
SimpleBean[MemoryQueue, {...@org.subethamail.core.queue.injectqueue()},
@Production, name=injection, @ApplicationScope]

It sure seems like it should be matching the first one.

Any suggestions?