On May 21, 2009, at 7:25 PM, Mktg. Incorporate Fast wrote:

Hi,

I am using the following watchdog.conf to CHROOT & jail resin.

<resin xmlns="http://caucho.com/ns/resin";>
<management>
  <user name="harry" password="MD5HASH=="/>
</management>
<watchdog-manager>
<watchdog-port>6617</watchdog-port>
  <watchdog id=www.domain.com>
    <resin-conf>/resin/conf/hosts/www.domain.com.conf</resin-conf>
    <resin-root>/resin/</resin-root>
    <chroot>/resin/thehost/www.domain.com/</chroot>
  </watchdog>
</watchdog-manager>
</resin>

After running the watchdog and starting the domain, I am able to use file.io to read any file on the server. I want to prevent virtual hosts from reading files that they shouldn't have access to. I think that I must be missing something somewhere, but I'm not sure what? I know that CHROOT/JAIL typically has many steps involved with Tomcat, is that the same with Resin?

Can you add the -verbose to check that chroot is occurring properly.

Remember, for chroot to work, /resin/thehost/www.domain.com needs to have all the unix binaries, including the JVM.

-- Scott

Last twist::::If I am running Resin in conjunction with Apache does that cause additional CHROOT issues?

Can resin handle multiple certs for virtual hosts using a watchdog.conf setup? I primarily use apache for mod_rewrite & ssl certificates.

Thanks,

Joey