On Jun 3, 2009, at 1:08 PM, Mattias Jiderhamn wrote:

Scott Ferguson wrote (2009-06-03 21:17):

On Jun 3, 2009, at 11:15 AM, Mattias Jiderhamn wrote:

Ehrm... Scott, would you care to explain this to me...?

On Windows, my RESIN_HOME is set to c:\java\resin
c:\java\resin is a junction [1] path.
If that path points to c:\java\resin-pro-4.0.0 sessions do NOT work
If that path points to c:\java\resin-pro-3.1.8 sessions DO work, if I start Resin 4 (c:\java\resin-pro-4.0.0\resin.exe -server-root L:\sandbox\exder-server-root -conf L:\sandbox\exder-server-root \conf\resin.conf). (If the junction is removed, Resin refuses to start with the message "Unable to access jarfile C:\java\resin\lib\resin.jar". If the RESIN_HOME environment variable is removed, Resin 4 starts but sessions still don't work)

Is Resin 4 dependent on Resin 3.1 to handle sessions...???

Can you check the permissions, particularly of the resin-data directory? We had some trouble at the end of the release cycle with permissions issues on the created directories, and it's possible we didn't catch all of the cases.
I'm pretty sure it's not related to permissions. Running with full permissions, tried deleting resin-data dir and it is recreated.
Should I send you the files in it???

Sure. The important ones should be "resin_data_default.db" and "resin_mnode_default.db".

I've added a bug report for the junction issue. It's not something I'm familiar with.

I don't think there is a "junction issue". I've had this configuration for a long time just changing the target of the junction/symbolic link. But somehow the RESIN_HOME environment variable takes precedence over the resin.exe location and that affects sessions somehow. (I could probably just point RESIN_HOME straight to the resin-pro-3.1.8 dir but I'm too lazy to try it)

Hmm. We did rewrite resin.exe. If you launch the jar directly, "java -jar lib/resin.jar", skipping the resin.exe, do you see the same problem?

-- Scott

 /Mattias

-- Scott

 /Mattias