On Sep 18, 2009, at 1:36 PM, Rom Sok wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I ran into a problem. I created an Eclipse project and I use it as
> the deploy directory as well in Resin, but I am also using some code
> that was compiled a long time ago not by me. It works fine until I
> attempt to compile the servlet classes in Eclipse - then I get
> notices from Resin on the console, that it cannot find those servlet
> classes even though they are right there under the classes directory
> in WEB-INF.
>
> Could anyone please suggest why this might be happening?

Do you know if those classes depend on a library that might be missing?

The JDK can throw some misleading ClassNotFoundExceptions when the
class exists, but one of its dependencies does not exist.

(Hmm.  It might be possible in the future for Resin to modify the
error a bit, so you can distinguish between the two cases.)

-- Scott