This is from one of our web engineers concerning a problem we've encountered in
our testing of Resin 4.x (currently 4.0.6).

Our site almost exclusively uses a shorthand for:
    <c:out value="${something.itsthing}"/>

Instead we simply use:
    ${something.itsthing}

With resin 4.x, this is being interpreted literally and rather then seeing a
value like xxxx we see on the rendered pages the literal ${something.itsthing}.
We would like to move to resin 4.x to take advantage of several features, but
the work involved in rewriting and testing the change to <c:out .../> will be a
huge undertaking. Is there a way to tell Resin 4.x to use an older version of
jstl, or to interpret the shorthand notation when it sees it in JSP files?

Rob