wMorawetz, Martin wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Some JSPs produce following error Stacktrace in our Java-log:
>>
>> java.io.IOException: can't clear response after writing headers
>>
>> at
com.caucho.server.http.ResponseStream.clear(ResponseStream.java:233)

>> at
>>
>com.caucho.server.http.HttpServletResponseImpl.getOutputStream(HttpServ
letResponseImpl.java:137)

>> :
>>
>> :
>>
>> The Exception gets thrown at the line
>>
>> sosOut = response.getOutputStream();
>>
>> This code work on all other resin installations (for years now)
>>
>> The only difference to our other resin installations that I'm aware
of,

>> is that resin and apache are on two separate machines now.
>>
>> We use Resin Pro 4.0.9.
>>
>> Any ideas what might cause this exception?
>>

>Resin is being more strict about conforming to the servlet/JSP spec.
>
>Is there an output flush() anywhere before that clear()?
>
>-- Scott

Yes there is, and removing the out.flush() resolves the issue.
Was that 'being more strict' a recent change? The same code
works on a different server with Resin 4.0.0 installed.

Regards, Martin

"The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and
intended solely
for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). This information may be
subject to legal,
professional or other privilege and further distribution of it is strictly
prohibited without
our authority. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to
and must not
disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it, and
should notify us
immediately.

This footnote also confirms that this email has been automatically scanned for
the presence
of computer viruses, profanities and certain file types."