Aaron Freeman wrote:
>   Out of curiosity, why does Resin distribute with javamail-141.jar?  Is
> there some built-in mailing functionality that Resin ships with?  If so,
> is there a URL pointing to some documentation on how to take advantage
> of it?

It's primarily a JavaEE requirement that we ship with JavaMail.

We do have three things that use JavaMail: Quercus, the mail
log-handler, and the PingMailer.

I've put up a wiki link for the mail log-handler at
http://wiki.caucho.com/Cookbook:_Mail_Log-Handler using CanDI-style
syntax (although, you'll need to wait for 4.0.11 for that syntax to
work, since I checked the example and the log-handler needed an update
for the CanDI syntax.)

The mail log-handler is a standard java.util logging handler that sends
log messages to a mail address. Since log-handles are additive, the
messages will continue to be sent to the log file.

The ping mailer is being revamped and folded into Resin's health check
system (http://wiki.caucho.com/Admin:_Health), so we're not ready to
document the new form of capability yet.

-- Scott