Hi Scott,

How do you configure services using CanDI at the host level and have them loaded before the Web applications are loaded? Our Web site is currently running on resin 3.0.28. Our Web site runs several Web applications, and we have custom resources that are shared across all Web applications running on a host. All of the classes are loaded using a host level classloader. We are using the <resource> tags in the resin.conf file that are located under the <host> tag to specify the shared resources.

All of the CanDI examples on the Caucho Web site are specific to a Web application and use the resin-web.xml file for XML configuration. Is it possible to load and initialize services at the host level using CanDI?

The default configuration of resin 3.0.28 creates a WEB-INF directory in the webapps directory for a host. I noticed that the default configuration of 4.0.15 didn't create this WEB-INF. One thought I have is to create a WEB-INF directory in the webapps directory under the host root directory and then create a resin-web.xml and/or beans.xml files underneath. The host level web-resin.xml file could be defined like the example on the Caucho Web site:

|  <web-app xmlns="http://caucho.com/ns/resin";
           xmlns:ee="urn:java:ee">

   <mypkg:MyBean xmlns:mypkg="urn:java:com.mycom.mypkg">
     <ee:Startup/>
   </mypkg:MyBean>

  </web-app>

Or the above could be added to the resin.xml file like we do with the <resource> tag today in the resin.conf file.

Well this work? If so, is this a recommended approach? Or is there a better way?

Thanks,
Keith