In our current Web site, which is running resin 3.0.28, we created a
custom Authenticator by extending resin's
com.caucho.server.security.AbstractAuthenticator.  In resin 3.0, we used
the following descriptor (under the host tag) in resin.conf:

> <authenticator
> type="com.marinersupply.common.authentication.ApplicationUserAuthenticator">
> </authenticator>

I am moving the site to resin 4.0.16. Following an example in the help,
I converted the descriptor to the following tag under the <host> tag:

> <authentication:ApplicationUserAuthenticator
>
> xmlns:authentication="urn:java:com.marinersupply.common.authentication"/>

I am getting the following error in the log:

> [2011-03-22 07:20:59.461] - ERROR
> (com.marinersupply.common.struts.action.DefaultExceptionHandler) -
> javax.enterprise.inject.AmbiguousResolutionException: Too many beans
> match, because they all have equal precedence.  See the @Stereotype
> and <enable> tags to choose a precedence.  Beans:
>     ManagedBeanImpl[AdminAuthenticator, {@com.caucho.config.Admin(),
> @javax.inject.Named(value=resinAdmin),
> @javax.enterprise.inject.Default(), @Any()}, name=resinAdmin, @Singleton]
>     ManagedBeanImpl[ApplicationUserAuthenticator, {@Default(), @Any()}]
> for InjectManager[web-app:production/webapp/default/ROOT]
> javax.enterprise.inject.AmbiguousResolutionException: Too many beans
> match, because they all have equal precedence.  See the @Stereotype
> and <enable> tags to choose a precedence.  Beans:
>     ManagedBeanImpl[AdminAuthenticator, {@com.caucho.config.Admin(),
> @javax.inject.Named(value=resinAdmin),
> @javax.enterprise.inject.Default(), @Any()}, name=resinAdmin, @Singleton]
>     ManagedBeanImpl[ApplicationUserAuthenticator, {@Default(), @Any()}]
> for InjectManager[web-app:production/webapp/default/ROOT]

Even after reading all of the help sections on the resin help
documentation, I still find this injection coding rather cryptic.  It
looks like the Resin "AdminAuthenticator" authenticator and our custom
authenticator are conflicting.  Any ideas on how I can tell Resin to use
ours instead Resin's would be most helpful.

Also, has anyone found a good tutorial on IOC that explains all of the
annotations and how they effect the beans and their use?

Thanks,
Keith

Keith Fetterman                        Direct: 206-319-9434
Mariner Supply, Inc.                   206-780-5670
http://www.go2marine.com               kfetter...@go2marine.com

http://www.boatersline.com