We are currently experiencing a problem when we restart where the
ConnectionPools to Oracle take a long time to be established and cause a
long delay for our production machine to start.  It almost feels like the
old ConnectionPools have to timeout, even though we have shut the entire
Resin instance down and restarted the entire JVM.

When I saw your post below I got excited because it's very similar to the
issue we are having, but we don't have the SQLRecoverableException anywhere
that I am seeing.  Also it's not really undeterministic -- it always
happens.  How long the connections to Oracle take are sort of random, but
it's way too long.

When I went into /resin-admin/  I see that this is implicitly being set:

<jvm-arg>-Djava.security.egd=/dev/urandom</jvm-arg>

So adding your argument won't help us.

Any other ideas on what could cause resin-4.0.18 to take so darn long to
fire up as regards connection to Oracle 11g?

Thanks,

-a