Hello
I will soon have more than one mysql server. I want to use one server
for read requests of static data, the other for read/write requests of
dynamic data. It works for sql requests through datasource, but I cannot
find how to do it with ejb manager.

In my resin.xml I have this :

         <database jndi-name="jdbc/adlresintest">
         </database>
         <ejb-server data-source="jdbc/adlresintest"
create-database-schema="false"
           jndi-name="ejb"/>
         <database jndi-name="jdbc/adlresintest2">
         </database>
         <ejb-server data-source="jdbc/adlresintest2"
create-database-schema="false"
           jndi-name="ejb2"/>

In persistence.xml  :

<persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"; version="1.0">
   <persistence-unit name="adlresintestunit">
     <provider>org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider</provider>
     <class>adlresintest.Adluser</class>
     <exclude-unlisted-classes />
     <properties>
       <property name="eclipselink.ddl-generation.output-mode"
value="database" />
       <property name="eclipselink.weaving.fetchgroups" value="false"/>
     </properties>
   </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

In my java code I have this :

   @Inject @Named("jdbc/adlresintest") public DataSource
m_datasource1;// public site
   @Inject @Named("jdbc/adlresintest2") public DataSource
m_datasource2;// not used for the moment
   @PersistenceUnit(name="adlresintestunit") @Named("ejb")
EntityManagerFactory ejbfactory1;
   @PersistenceUnit(name="adlresintestunit") @Named("ejb2")
EntityManagerFactory ejbfactory2;

When using datasource1 or 2 I access the correct database. But when
using ejbfactory1 or 2, only the second database is accessed. The
association created with "jndi-name" and @Named() works for
DataSource/<database> but not for EntityManagerFactory/<ejb-server>.

I also tried to use composite persistence unit as written here :
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/UserGuide/JPA/Advanced_JPA_Development/Composite_Persistence_Units

but I could not find the good configuration to do it, the tag
<jta-data-source> was not accepted. I could not find in
http://eclipse.org/eclipselink/documentation/2.4/jpa/extensions/persistenceproperties_ref.htm

which property to set for the datasource.

Thanks a lot.

--
Riccardo Cohen
+33 (0)6 09 83 64 49