On Jan 16, 2014, at 4:32 PM, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to update a virtual server that runs a handful of webapps in
> Resin. The old machine was "tycho.latencyzero.com" and a bunch of DNS entries
> point to it. The web apps are configured to respond to those varying
> hostnames. The new machine temporarily has the name "stage.latencyzero.com."
>
> I copied everything from the old machine to the new, including the resin
> config file. Obviously, I can't just go to "stage.latencyzero.com", because
> resin has no idea which webapp I really want.
>
> Is there any way to configure resin to rewrite a request with a host like
> "foo.bar.latencyzero.com.stage.latencyzero.com" into a request for the webapp
> that responds to "foo.bar.latencyzero.com," while keeping the actual hostname
> intact for the purposes of rendering links in the pages, etc.?

Hi Rick,

I'm not exactly understanding what you want to do, but it sounds like I a
similar situation I had on one of my sites.  This configuration below is what I
used.  The new real host is listed first in resin.xml, then the default host
id="" with host-alias * will catch all, and the redirect regex will redirect to
the new site while appending the requested URI.

    <host id="foo" root-directory="hosts/foo">
      <host-alias-regexp>.*foo.com</host-alias-regexp>
      …
    </host>

    <host id="" root-directory="hosts/default">
      <host-alias>*</host-alias>
      <web-app id="/" root-directory="webapps/ROOT">
        <resin:Redirect regexp="(.*)" target="http://www.foo.com$1"/>
        <resin:Redirect regexp="(.*)" target="https://www.foo.com$1";>
          <resin:IfSecure value="true"/>
        </resin:Redirect>