On 2/28/14, 4:47 AM, Rick Mann wrote:
Hmm. Seems like if I <%@ include a file that contains

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"%>

Then it doesn't work. If I include that <@ page line directly, it gets the
encoding right.

I believe that's correct, though. The top page is responsible for deciding encoding.

-- Scott

On Feb 28, 2014, at 04:45 , Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:

I thought I had UTF-8 set throughout my app; source files are encoded in it, I
set it everywhere I can think of (requests, responses, JVM, HTML and JSP tags).

I we re-doing the HTML for my site, fancifying it with bootstrap and all that
goodness, when I noticed that the copyright symbol I typed wasn't rendering
correctly. It used to with the old HTML, so I investigated.

Turns out, it only renders correctly if I <jsp:include> the HTML snippet that
contains the symbol. If it's typed directly into the page, it doesn't work.

Any ideas? Thanks!

--
Rick