On Mar 20, 2014, at 6:00 AM, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to add Spring Security to my pure-JavaConfig web app, and I'm
> getting this error on my first request. Any idea what it means? Is this a
> Resin problem (v 4.0.36)?

That’s definitely being thrown by Resin.  I looked at our code and we don’t
implement the Servlet 3.0 session tracking modes API and throw the
UnsupportedOperationException on call.  I’m not sure why; it must have been an
optional part of the spec or TCK.  I can enter a bug report to implement it but
I’m afraid you may be out of luck on Resin 4.0.36 if Spring depends on that
call.

Thanks,
Paul