On Jun 4, 2014, at 5:56 PM, Burke, Brian <bbu...@techtarget.com> wrote:

> A question related to session replication in resin 4.0   I’m using a cluster
> of 3 servers, therefore all three are triad servers.  After a server is
> restarted, I see that the session objects that exist on the other two servers
> don’t get replicated to the restarted server until there is a request made
> for that session.  With this behavior, I can’t restart these 3 servers in a
> rolling fashion, unless I wait at least ‘session-timeout’ between the
> restarts.

Hi Brian,

The restarted triad server does keep a local copy on disk, but you are
partially correct - it will need to contact another triad server to verify it
has the most up-to-date version of the session data.

I’m trying to understand why you think you need to wait session-time between
server restarts.  I’m don’t think that is the case but if you are seeing
adverse behavior please supply details and that would help me determine if it’s
a bug or something else.  As long as 1 triad server is up at any time the triad
state should be maintained properly.

Thanks,
Paul