> Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 21:48:28 +0100
> From: Maria Elena <ringmeiste...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Resin-interest] [Resin] Locking jar Oracle
> To: ML Caucho Resin <resin-interest@caucho.com>
>
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 8:41 PM, Nam Nguyen <n...@caucho.com> wrote:
>
>> Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 09:59:43 +0100
>>> From: Maria Elena <ringmeiste...@gmail.com>
>>> Subject: [Resin-interest] [Resin] Locking jar Oracle
>>> To: ML Caucho Resin <resin-interest@caucho.com>
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am using Resin 3.1.9 (too old, I know) and I am experiencing problems
>>> with Oracle jars (I am swtiching between Oracle11 and Oracle12).
>>> Tomcat has the antiJARlocking attribute; there is something similar in
>>> Resin?
>>>
>>> Thanks and regards.
>>>                             M.E.
>>>

>> Hi Maria,
>>
>> It looks like all that Tomcat's antiJARlocking does is make a new copy of
>> the webapps directory on redeploys.  Is that the feature you wanted?
>>
>> Resin doesn't have something like that.  But you can deploy multiple
>> versions of a webapp, effectively accomplishing the same thing.
>>
>> -- Nam
>>

> Hi Nam,
>
> thanks for your reply!
> What do you mean with "you can deploy multiple versions of a webapp"?

Hi Maria,

I'm not entirely sure of the capabilities of 3.1.9, but I think it
supports versioning at least.  See:

http://www.caucho.com/resin-3.1/doc/webapp-tags.xtp#webappdeploy

<web-app>
   <web-app-deploy ... versioning="true"/>

Suppose your WAR file is named myapp.war.  If you want versioning, then
you'll need to have some sort of numbering convention.  The following
should work:

myapp-1.0.war
myapp-1.1.0.war
myapp-1.1.5.war

You should deploy myapp-1.0.war first, not myapp.war.  Then upgrade as
you see fit.  When the sessions for an old version expires, Resin will
undeploy the old version.

-- Nam