My bad, I had it set up wrong.  But, for anyone trying to get it working,
this worked:

   1. Download the Hibernate JPA 2.1 API jar file from MavenCentral (

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.hibernate.javax.persistence/hibernate-jpa-2.1-api/1.0.0.Final)
   and copy it into the ext-lib directory
   2. Edit cluster-default.xml and add
   <jvm-classpath>${jvm_classpath}</jvm-classpath> on line 55 (inside the
   <server-default> element, right after <jvm-mode> just to keep like things
   together)
   3. Edit resin.properties and add jvm_classpath:
   ext-lib/hibernate-jpa-2.1-api-1.0.0.Final.jar on line 92 (again, right
   after jvm_mode)
   4. Start it up and it should work