On 4/5/15 5:23 AM, c.whalley wrote:
> On 02/04/2015 16:28, c.whalley wrote:
>> I've got pretty much the example from:
>> http://wiki4.caucho.com/Resin_4_Java_EE_Basic_Servlet,_Comet,_and_WebSocket_Tutorial#Hello.2C_World_WebSocket_in_Resin
> <snip>
> I've just proven this is caused by the mod_caucho config by tweaking the
> setup so it uses port 8080 throughout, i.e. with the same deployed app
> but "pure" resin we're good to go.
> I've seen there is an apache mod_proxy_wstunnel which can upgrade the
> incoming connection to a websocket connection but so far still haven't
> been able to get this going, in any case why is this needed? I thought
> all incoming traffic on port 80 was forwarded to 8080 once a virtual
> server had the appropriate entries to do so for the servets etc in its
> config?

Because HTTP and websockets are very different, a HTTP proxy isn't
powerful enough to tunnel websockets messages. Basically, a websocket
proxy needs two threads, one to listen for server messages and a second
thread to listen for client messages. But HTTP only needs a single
thread to listen for server messages, because once the client POST is
done, there are no more messages for HTTP.

mod_caucho is designed around HTTP only (and Apache itself was designed
around HTTP only).

-- Scott