On 21/05/2023 03:38, Jozseph Hogan wrote:
This is a good point.

If we know that no  note is shorter than a sixteenth note then limiting
this woudl remove notes and rests with shorter counts.

No DAW has this?

IMHO the thing is that doing this 'a priori' might be slippery, because in some cases you do want a recording to include (some) little 'imperfections' which make it sound more 'live' / 'human'

Recording MIDI (versus audio) does have the advantage of enabling different forms of post-processing and editing including quantization (also deciding how much), correcting wrong notes, transpositions etc.

Step recording can be an in-between solution to enter notes with a (musical) keyboard and exact times/durations (you can activate it both in the notation and matrix editor in Rosegarden - makes sure the track is also armed to record!)

My two cents.
Lorenzo

Thanks

Joseph