On 26/10/2023 00:31, krsg...@trixtar.org wrote:

The song is a steady 110bpm and is 109 bars in length. The
numbers would cruch as follows

https://toolstud.io/music/song-length.php?bpm=110&bpm_unit=4%2F4&repetitions=109&repetitions_unit=bars

for a total time of 3:58 BUT when the Rosegarden transport indicator
is slewed from zero to the end of bar 109 the counter shows 4:02. I
don't know what to make of this.

That seems weird. I did a quick test setting the tempo at 110 for the entire song and placing the playhead at exactly the end of measure 109 (or the start of measure 110), and the transport indicates 3:57. See a screenshot here:

https://storage.googleapis.com/openscreenshot/X%2Fd%2Fc/70W0YecdX.png

Hint: in Rosegarden you can move the playhead exactly 1 measure at a time by using PAGE-UP and PAGE-DOWN keys Also, the transport windows is clickable and you can enter an exact location in any of the supported formats (

Maybe I would check a couple of things:

- 4:02 would be around the end of measure 111 at 110 BPM, so are you sure you are at the end of 109? - 4:02 would be the end of measure 109 at 108 BPM. Are you sure the tempo is 110 BPM for the whole song? Sometimes when dragging the tempo line in the tempo ruler I have set tempos of which were from .50 to even 2-3 BPM off. In fact when I want to set a fixed tempo I prefer to right click and actually input the numerical values...

Just my two cents, but then if the above two are correct let's hear what others have to say :-)

Lorenzo