On 12/7/23 13:22, david wrote:
RCS sounds interesting. I used to work with enterprise content management (ECM) systems. Is it command line only or is there a GUI for it?

I've only ever used RCS from the commandline, but quick search yields:

https://www.compuphase.com/software_rcsbrowser.htm
https://docs.hpc.cam.ac.uk/storage/rcs/gui.html
https://filezilla-project.org/

although I can't immediately see how FileZilla relates, despite it being recommended by the cam.ac.uk page.

CVS is a higher-level layer built atop RCS, and there seem to be more GUI support for it:

https://cvsgui.sourceforge.net/
https://eclipse.dev/eclipse/platform-cvs/
https://apps.kde.org/cervisia/
https://github.com/KDE/cervisia

Again, I haven't used any of the above systems and only found them because your question piqued my curiosity.