On Sun, 5 Aug 2007, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
Hi,

Panu asked me to assist rpm.org on rpm's autotool-usage/configuration.

To be able to getting deeper into cleaning up rpm's auto*-configuration,
I'd propose to get rid of several auto*-anachronisms rpm currently uses.

Yeah, rpm's auto*stuff is just horribly broken in various ways.

As an initial step, the patch below contains a few more or less cosmetic
cleanups which should not cause any major behavioral changes.

Changes:
- Replace INCLUDES with AM_CPPFLAGS
 (INCLUDES has been replaced by AM_CPPFLAGS and is deprecated in
 modern automakes for several years)
- Require autoconf-2.61 and automake-1.10
 (already required by autogen.sh)
- update mkinstalldirs with the version from automake-1.10
 (The version in rpm is ancient and known to be bugged)

Applied, thanks. Glad to see you here! :)

        - Panu -