On 01/10/16 17:43, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 02.10.2016 um 01:40 schrieb Robin Laing:
On 01/10/16 12:40, Reindl Harald wrote:
./4.7.5-200.fc24.x86_64/extra/nvidia/nvidia-uvm.ko
./4.7.5-200.fc24.x86_64/extra/nvidia/nvidia-drm.ko
./4.7.5-200.fc24.x86_64/extra/nvidia/nvidia.ko
./4.7.5-200.fc24.x86_64/extra/nvidia/nvidia-modeset.ko

All logs just say the the module is not found as above.

Any suggestions?

don't buy crap-hardware?
works here over the last 10 years fine

What crap hardware?

hardware which needs out-of-tree kernel modules

Well, when there are full 3D functioning drivers within the kernel that support all the features of the video card, then that would be great. I am using CUDA on this machine.

I tried an AMD card on a computer last year and that was nothing but a headache and I gave up after a few months of frozen machine and desktops.

It isn't the hardware, something about the kernel
update that did it.  Looks like the blacklist didn't get into the grub
kernel options.  Strange that older kernel in grub menu boots find.

what about fix your /etc/default/grub and get rid of stuff which mangles
your boot configuration?

This is the /etc/default/grub after adding the blacklist yesterday. Adding blacklist made no difference. This is what was in the grub file going back months.

GRUB_TIMEOUT=10
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR="$(sed 's, release .*$,,g' /etc/system-release)"
GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
GRUB_DISABLE_SUBMENU=true
GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT="console"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="rd.luks.uuid=luks-2e0ad798-4e73-4b78-a902-7e8d02cf124e nomodeset rhgb quiet rd.driver.blacklist=nouveau video=vesa:off "
GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=text

Most of the hardware is top of the line

i see by the existence of topic

I looked through the settings in grub and they have not changed. The previous kernel runs beautifully. The latest one doesn't. Machine has been in use and I have not had time to do tests as I had hoped. My other machine is a F23 machine and I will do the updates tonight and see if the problem is in F23 as well.

I am going to try to rebuild the akmods if I can later tonight as in the other post. See what happens and if anything shows up in the logs.

Looking at my F23 machine, there is no blacklist in the /etc/default/grub either and it works. with the 4.7.4 kernel.

Robin