Hello,

I'm using rsync as part of a centralised config management for several servers.
 I'm trying to monitor the mtime of a particular directory and confirm that the
remote copies are approximately as new as the the local master.  However, mtime
on that directory is not being synced.  Here's my rsync command:

cd $confdir && rsync -avpzR --checksum -I -e "ssh" --exclude='old/' ./*
user@remotehost:/

My impression is that this should sync mtime to the remote dir, if that mtime
has changed locally.  However that's not happening.  It doesn't seem to me that
any of my options implies --omit-dir-times, but maybe I'm missing something -
Any clues?

Thanks in advance!
tom