People,

I have command for backing up to a backup dir (eg /home/backup/prix/) with:

rsync -av --delete --link-dest /home/backup/prix/${1}_0_hard_link /$1/ /home/backup/prix/${1}_$dt/

for example the etc dir - which creates the following in the backup dir:

  etc
  etc_0_hard_link
  etc_20230416_165232

- having previously created a hard-linked clone of the previously existing backup eg:

  cp -al /home/backup/prix/etc /home/backup/prix/etc_hard_link

However, in the backed up dirs with the date-time extension, ALL the files from etc are copied - how do I rsync ONLY the deleted / changed / new files?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades