Don't know if this is enough for you, but it may help at least a bit to hunt
down your problem. There is a flag -i

From man rsync
--itemize-changes, -i    output a change-summary for all updates

this gives either a "." for no change, or a letter code for each change in "data,
time, size" etc., for any filename it logs.

You will figure most flags. Others you may need to look up somewhere.

Hope this helps (a bit).

Hardy