On Fri, 26 May 2023, Wayne Davison wrote:
On Tue, May 16, 2023, Marc Aurèle La France wrote:

Similar to --omit-{dir,link}-times:

--omit-device-times  omit device files from --times
--omit-special-times omit sockets and fifos from --times

I'm not convinced these are needed at present.

I'll counter by saying that keeping inode times up to date for these isn't terribly useful.

Also, fix corner case that allows --omit-dir-times to be ignored.  See
unchanged_attrs() and recv_generator()'s call to try_dests_non().

Directories aren't linked together, so they aren't passed to
unchanged_attrs() or try_dests_non().

This seems false to me given recv_generator()'s first call to try_dests_non() (and therefore unchanged_attrs()) is within an "if (is_dir) { }" block.

Marc.