I am backing up a user's directories from local machine titan to remote machine maria. On the remote machine maria file /etc/rsyncd.conf contains

 [rprice-home]
 exclude = *.dvi

I start the backup by using this command on the local machine titan:

 rprice@titan ~ rsync -av --dry-run /mnt/home/rprice
rsync://rprice@maria/rprice-home

I get the messages

 sending incremental file list
 ERROR: daemon refused to receive file "rprice/demo.dvi"

I understand that the remote daemon has refused file demo.dvi because I specifically requested that dvi files not be transferred. I choose that myself in a regular configuration file. So shouldn't it be a WARNING rather than an ERROR? I would expect to see

 WARNING: daemon refused to receive file "rprice/demo.dvi"

Roger