I'm using Fedora 38's rsync-3.2.7-2.fc38.x86_64 package, and the other
day, I noticed that one of my backup scripts was creating directories
with garbage names.  Eventually I tracked the problem down to the argv
use-after-free issue with popt 1.19 that was fixed in commit
8990ad96de881f7332d16d32485f9d8b841a87d2.  That fix has not been
released.  Is an rsync release coming any time soon?  If not, I'll ask
Fedora to consider adding the individual patch to their package.  (And
in the meantime, I've switched to using my own rsync 3.2.7 package with
the patch.)

Thanks,
Matt