Hi all,

I'm trying to transfer data from the old fileserver to the new cluster using rsync. Depending on how I define the source path either the folder acls are transfered
or the file acls.

This command preserves the file acls:
# rsync -AavXz --numeric-ids --delete /winhome root@192.168.178.10:/glusterfs

with this command the folder acls are copied:
# rsync -AavXz --numeric-ids --delete /winhome/* root@192.168.178.10:/glusterfs/winhome/

Setup is the following:

OS: old: Debian 11, new: Debian 12

rsync Version on both hosts:

root@fs01:~# rsync --version
rsync  version 3.2.7  protocol version 31
Copyright (C) 1996-2022 by Andrew Tridgell, Wayne Davison, and others.
Web site: https://rsync.samba.org/
Capabilities:
    64-bit files, 64-bit inums, 64-bit timestamps, 64-bit long ints,
    socketpairs, symlinks, symtimes, hardlinks, hardlink-specials,
    hardlink-symlinks, IPv6, atimes, batchfiles, inplace, append, ACLs,
    xattrs, optional secluded-args, iconv, prealloc, stop-at, no crtimes
Optimizations:
    SIMD-roll, no asm-roll, openssl-crypto, no asm-MD5
Checksum list:
    xxh128 xxh3 xxh64 (xxhash) md5 md4 sha1 none
Compress list:
    zstd lz4 zlibx zlib none
Daemon auth list:
    sha512 sha256 sha1 md5 md4

What i found out till now is that the rsync option -A should copy all acls, wether folder
or file, but it seems, that there are other things that have an impact.
What am i missing here? Any help is highly appreciated.

Best regards
Daniel