Hi Tony,

Queue closed so a question on email.

First: I think this is good work. I don't know how we document this to
experiment with it. I suspect it needs some pretty sophisticated simulation
because the rate of deployment is going to be such that the operators will
not want to experiment in live networks. It seems (to me) to be in scope for
RTGWG and is something that we should seek to stablise.

Building somewhat on Keyur's question, I'm interested in the aspects of
scaling.

I think you have good consideration of routing protocol scaling and, as you
say, hierarchy is our friend.
You also note that ISLs are a limited resource. Obviously (?) nothing anyone
can do will squeeze more data onto a link. So (again, as you say) TE is
important.

Have you thought about how well the TE mechanisms will scale? Although the
orbits are well-known (plus or minus meteor strikes), and although (as you
say) a ground station only needs to know about its overhead stripes, and
although you are not considering transit in this architecture, it seems to
me that the computations will be more complicated being time-based, and I'm
not sure that they are easily stable when pre-computed.

I also wonder, given how constrained ISLs may be, about the need for
"centralised" computation to ensure that load is properly balanced.

Cheers,
Adrian