Hi all,

I think this is one of the essential features that are missing in Active
Storage. Thus I'm pretty sure it's gonna be implemented pretty soon one way
or another, and I wonder what is the maintainers' plan for it, if there is
any.

I know about active_storage_validations gem, but its functionality is quite
limited and the gem itself is pretty self-inconsistent and raw (though it's
the best publicly available gem I could find, kudos to the maintainers!)

One approach I'm thinking of would be to adapt paperclip's validators for
Active Storage (thanks to MIT license), and I think I could do it, but I'm
not sure if it's gonna be accepted. One doesn't have to invent the wheel,
but I'd like to hear an expert opinion.

Thank you,

Ivan