I was wondering if anybody had any idea if Redcarpet can be convinced
easily to only parse code, paragraphs bold and italic or if there was an
alternate gem that is just as fast that can be controlled to only allow
selective parsing.  I've been reading the docs all night and cannot find
any hint of easily filtering what Redcarpet will parse.