On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 4:33 AM, Ganesh Ranganathan
<ganesh.ranganathan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using omniauth-oauth2 in rails to authenticate to a site which supports
> oauth2. The site gives me after doing the oauth dance, which I then persist
> into the database
>
> Access Token
> Expires_AT (ticks)
> Refresh token
>
> Is there an omniauth method to refresh the token automatically after it
> expires or should I write custom code which to do the same.
>
> If custom code is to be written, is a helper the right place to write the
> logic?

Last I remember omniauth does not support this at all.  No, a helper
is not the best place to do it, you should probably either background
check the token and refresh it there or add it as a method to the user
model since it's related to the user and it's behavior.