Hello,

I am developing a JRuby on Rails 4 application. I've the following in my
Gemfile:
gem "mongoid", "~> 3.1.6"

When I run a bundle update, I get the following:
Resolving dependencies...
Bundler could not find compatible versions for gem "activemodel":
  In Gemfile:
    mongoid (~> 3.1.6) java depends on
      activemodel (~> 3.2) java

    rails (= 4.1.0) java depends on
      activemodel (4.1.0)

When I switch to upstread mongoid via
gem "mongoid", github: 'mongoid/mongoid'

a 'bundle update' goes through but I am worried about taking this
application to production. The upstream github Mongoid driver seems to be
50-100x slower than the Java MongoDB driver.
I have a content ingestion script where I need to repeatedly search for
text-matching in an attribute. I've created the required indexes to deal
speed up the lookups ( there are around 600,000 records, total number of
insertions performed during the operation is about 15,000 )
The JRuby + Mongoid takes around 100 hours to complete the operation - I
rewrote the script as a Java class and ran it using the Java MongoDB driver
and it takes around 30 minutes!

There's obviously a problem here  - I'd like to know if you are using JRuby
on Rails in production and if so, what version of Mongoid are you using?

Regards,
Manish