For what's worth, + 1 for migrating to github.

The interface is cleaner, it has many more features and integrations, and
is more active which could attract more contributions. There are a few
scripts/tools that allow to migrate from trac to github. But most of them
are unmaintained for a few years already, so I'm not sure if they still
work (which should be taken as a sign that one should migrate sooner than
later).