the `/`character cannot be part of a symbol's name (not acepted by the
Python interpreter). Try :

```
sage: logr = SR.symbol("logr", latex_name='L_{x/x_0}')
sage: x*logr
logr*x
sage: latex(x*logr)
L_{x/x_0} x
```

BTW (question of taste...), I'd rather use `logr = SR.symbol("logr",
latex_name=r'L_{\frac{x}{x_0}}')`...

HTH,