On Monday, July 11, 2022 at 4:57:39 PM UTC-7 Travis Scrimshaw wrote:

Right now there are two conventions throughout Sage for bullet points (and
similar things). Someone has been systematically trying to change
everything to one convention (which I am opposed to). However, we as a
community have not had a discussion about this as far as I am aware (I
believe also changing the example doc page at some point). I figured we
should have this conversion now.

The question is this: Should there be blanklines between bullet points?

I am content with continuing to allow both spaced lists with newlines and tight lists without newlines. Sage follows sphinx here, and sphinx follows rst (as in the spec [1]).

[1]:
https://docutils.sourceforge.io/docs/ref/rst/restructuredtext.html#bullet-lists