Thank you for the explanation.

The short-term fix works, but is noisy. Furthermore, it seems that it *must*
be executed at toplevel : wrapping it in a function and calling this
function doesn't work. So including it in a startup file doesn't seem
reasonable.

The issue you pointed has been  closed on Jan 6, 2023. Do I need to create
a new issue for this problem ?

BTW, diagnosting the problem is complicated by this issue
<https://github.com/sagemath/sage/issues/30661>, which seems to be at the
bottom of the stack...