Sorry for the confusion. I forgot that there are different readings of
NEP29 and that this lead to misunderstandings before. The proposed policy
is that all python versions supported by NEP29 are also supported by sage
(this is the lower bound) and that we normally drop support for older
versions right after this support window (i.e. also adapt the drop schedule
https://numpy.org/neps/nep-0029-deprecation_policy.html#drop-schedule).
I've formulated an improved formulation for this policy at
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/35403#issuecomment-1566110884 which
should hopefully clarify this point.

(Dropping support means increasing `python_requires` and removing github
tests for this old version, i.e. similar to
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/35404 which is modeled on the PR
drooping Python 3.7.)