During our recent release of SnapPy we ran across an issue which is likely
relevant to whether Sage's documentation is viewable on newer Ubuntu
systems (such as 22.04).  The issue is that these newer Ubuntu systems ship
Firefox as a snap.  A snap runs in a sandbox which restricts which files
the snap can read.  Specifically, the Firefox snap can only read files in
the user's home directory.

This would suggest that a user who builds Sage in their home directory can
use Firefox to view the documentation by using a URL with the file: scheme,
but that if Sage is installed for all users on a multi-user system or if it
is installed with apt then it will not be possible for users to read the
locally installed documentation with Firefox.  (Of course they can use
Firefox to read the online documentation for the current SageMath version
but, on Ubuntu, that is essentially guaranteed not to be the version that
is actually installed.)

Have people run into this?

- Marc