Hi,

The PR

https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36861

aims at switching from pdflatex to xelatex the latex engine to render
objects in pdf using the command like "view(objects)" as well as in
building the sage documentation.

As xelatex natively supports Unicode, we removed lots of commands like

\DeclareUnicodeCharacter{03B1}{\ensuremath{\alpha}}

which were needed to support Unicode in pdflatex.

We worry that some Unicode functionality was lost in this process, and so
we invite Unicode users to test with the PR.

Here is the Binder link to where you can play around with xelatex-enabled
sage:

https://mybinder.org/v2/gh/kwankyu/sage/use-xelatex-by-default-binder

or you should build sage with the PR.

If you find some Unicode-related defect not existent in sage 10.2, please
report it to the PR.

Thanks.