The NoneType error is presumably a bug in the sage wrapper code.
Possibly related is that Maxima cannot compute the sum with its
default algorithm. It does have a simplify_sum function that can do it
though:

(%i19) load (simplify_sum);
(%o19) "/usr/share/maxima/5.45.1/share/solve_rec/simplify_sum.mac"
(%i20) sum((4*n + 1)/factorial(n), n, 1, inf), simpsum;
(%o20) 'sum((4*n+1)/n!,n,1,inf)
(%i21) simplify_sum(%);
(%o21) 4*gamma_incomplete_lower(2,-1)+10*sqrt(%e)*sinh(1/2)

This is an indirect representation of 5*e - 1 as returned by SymPy.