On Thursday, February 8, 2024 at 10:16:58 AM UTC-8 Matthias Koeppe wrote:

On Wednesday, February 7, 2024 at 1:11:14 PM UTC-8 Matthias Koeppe wrote:

Let's also use this anniversary as an opportunity to discuss what still
needs improving in our development workflows.

*1. We have a low development velocity.* For example, some simple PRs sit
for weeks or months before receiving any review comments. What can we do to
improve this?

*2. Is our community aware of the sagemath/sage GitHub wiki?*
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/wiki
- Are the contents of the wiki front page useful?
- Are the links to Issue and Pull Request queries helpful?

*3. Are the labels on GitHub Issues / PRs helpful?*
- Note that new contributors who are not in the Triage team cannot
set/change labels!
- This includes component labels, but also status labels such as "needs
review".
- Is it time for the next step with syncing status labels
(https://github.com/sagemath/sage/issues/35927)?
- Wishlist item: Component auto-labeler for GitHub PRs
(https://github.com/sagemath/sage/issues/37373)
- Wishlist item: PR size labeler
(https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/37262)